Monday, April 18, 2016

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 4/16

Here I go again...these are books, they arrived over the past week, and I haven't read them. Maybe I will, someday. Maybe not.

For now, though, here's what I can tell you about them, in hopes you'll say "that sounds awesome; I've got to read that":

Nichijou: My Ordinary Life, Vol. 2 comes from Keiichi Arawi, via the fine folks at Vertical, and it's a manga that seems to be a surreal take on high school life. In fact, it looks interestingly odd to my eye, so I'm going to poke around and see if I have the first volume here. (I probably do; I have more books than I know what to do with.)

Also from Vertical is Fumi Yoshinaga's What Did You Eat Yesterday?,Vol. 10, the latest in the slice-of-life culinary-themed manga series about a gay couple and their circle of friends. I count about three things in that description that would never fly for an ongoing series in the US, so I like the idea of this series...even if I'm not into Japanese food enough to read it all that regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment