Monday, November 05, 2012

Reviewing the Mail: Week of 11/3

I am writing this from an undisclosed location, far from the storm-wracked wilds of New Jersey. To assuage the fears that I'm sure none of you actually have: no, I did not flee because of weather (or any other threats). This was a long-planned trip.

But, nevertheless, I am far away and my mail (if any) is at my home. Now, I can say with 100% confidence that no packages arrived up through Friday, since I saw them not-arrive my my own eyes. But I do have to admit that there is a small (though non-zero) chance that some book, or books, crept in through the devastation and despite the gas shortages to make their way to my doorstep on Saturday.

It's possible. It's plausible. It's unlikely, but it could still have happened. And, so, since I'm the kind of person who always tries to be as accurate as possible, I have to say that the set of books received this week is actually indeterminate -- like Schrodinger's cat, it may exist or have perished quietly in a box somewhere far away.

Either way, this post is pretty useless, isn't it?

(And don't expect much more in the way of blogging for the next week, since I'll still be in that very same undisclosed location, taking part in undisclosed activities and having a classifed level of enjoayment. I have been authorized, though, to say that I'll see you next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment