Thursday, December 02, 2010

Yet Another Example of Someone Pretending the "Internet" Makes Normal Economic Laws New and Special

"The law of the internet is simple: either you do something I can't do myself (or get from someone else), or I pay you less than you'd like."
Because in marketplaces for the past five thousand years, businesses got paid more than they'd like for doing things that people can easily do themselves, right? The Internet is thus completely new and utterly different, creating bizarre new concepts like "competition between providers" and "need-to-have services."

Wow. I don't know how I could have lived without knowing how special and new the Internet makes everything.

Thanks, as usual, for your uniquely thoughtful insights, Seth Goden.

(Note: This post also serves as a test of the common belief that it's impossible to ascertain sarcasm in a written work on the Internet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment