Saturday, November 14, 2009

Odds and Sods

Imprimus: I have just arrived in San Francisco (for the second time in two months) for the always-electrifying Business Valuation conference of the AICPA. (This one starts at 6:45 Monday and Tuesday, he said, shuddering visibly.) I expect to be chained to a booth for most of the forty-eight hours starting tomorrow morning, and then flying back to Newark the rest of Tuesday. So blogging may well be light or nonexistent. But, then, I say that a lot these days.

As a sidebar note, I'm expecting to show up at the SF in SF reading, which starts in a couple of hours -- wonder if I'll see anyone I know?

Secundus: It's been a long time since I read a novel and had to sit quietly afterward to let it sink in -- it's rare to find that level of involvement and power (particularly for a reader as demanding and opinionated as I am). But it happened on the flight over here. The bad news is that it's a twenty-three-year-old book that I should have read long before now: Ken Grimwood's Replay.

Tertius: No, actually, I think that's it for now.
----------------
Now playing: The Rogers Sisters - Never Learn To Cry
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment