Friday, July 10, 2009

Another Quote

You don't look so bad; here's another.
She gets off the bed and onto her knees to kiss the forehead of each sleeping boy. Wendy taught me to curse, matched my clothing, brushed my hair before school, and let me sleep in bed with her when bad dreams woke me up. She fell in love often, and with great fanfare, throwing herself into each romance with the focus of an Olympic athlete. Now she's a mother and a wife, who tries to get her screaming baby to sleep through the night, tries to stop her boys from learning curse words, and calls romantic love useless. Sometimes it's heartbreaking to see your siblings as the people they've become. Maybe that's why we all stay away from each other as a matter of course.
- Jonathan Tropper, This Is Where I Leave You, p.321

----------------
Listening to: Loop 2.4.3 - Zodiac Dust
via FoxyTunes

No comments:

Post a Comment