Thursday, May 21, 2009

Housekeeping/Travel Announcements

1) I'm spending most of next week at the NACVA annual Consultant's Conference, which, oddly enough, will be held in a very familiar hotel, the Westin Boston Waterfront. (So it's kind of like I made it to Boskone, only six months late.) I'm not trying to make plans with any local people because I expect to be busy the whole time; this is one of my most frenzied conferences, and I think I'll have business dinners every night. But blogging may be light next week -- as if it hasn't been this week -- and that will be why.

2) Immediately after that -- as in, I'll be driving back from Boston starting at 5 or 6 on Friday night -- I'll be going to BEA a week from Saturday. If you'll be there, drop me a note and I'll try to come and say hi. (Or, more likely, I'll just run into people in the aisles, as always.) I don't expect that I'll come back in on Sunday -- but, if there's a good reason why I should, let me know.

3) I am going to Worldcon this year -- I've bought my membership and booked a hotel, so I'm committed. This is early days, but the plan is to drive up on the Friday (starting as early as I can stand) and come back on the Monday (trying not to bug out as early as possible, which is my usual tendency). Again, I'll be trying to see everyone, but, if we should schedule something specific, let me know.

I'll also be in Las Vegas in July for another conference, but I'm trying to block that out of my mind, so I'll leave that vague for now. (I also might be in San Francisco once or twice in the fall, but that's far enough in the future to be not determined yet.)

No comments:

Post a Comment