Thursday, March 19, 2009

Busy, Busy, Busy!

There are two different "hoo boy, I am busy lately!" things I wanted to post, so it would be silly to turn them into discrete posts:

1) Last weekend, I was away for one night (and two days), with the family, at the majestic Great Wolf Lodge, to celebrate Thing 1's eleventh birthday.

This weekend, I'm going to be away for two nights (and parts of three days) at Lunacon. (In fact, this might be my last post before Lunacon, unless something comes up at work tomorrow.)

Next weekend, I'll be away for four nights and five days, in sunny San Diego...in some hotel ballroom, surrounded by stacks of comics, deep in Eisner judging. (I'm not complaining; if you'd told eighteen-year-old me, coming out of a local comics "convention" with a huge stack of funnybooks to read, that I'd be flown out to Comic-Con to read comics in twenty years, I wouldn't have believed it.)

Luckily, the sequence ends there, or I'd never be home again.

2) This week has also had an odd sequence: I'm not parking my car the same place twice.

Monday, I was at Great Wolf Lodge.

Tuesday, I parked at the Route 23 Park & Ride, so I'd be positioned to meet the family for a birthday dinner for Thing 1.

Wednesday, I was actually at my usual train station. Yay!

Today, I went to the Wayne station, since it was closer to my doctor's office, and I had a appointment.

Tomorrow, I'm going to drive into Hoboken, so I can head to Lunacon straight after work.


So I have no idea if I'm coming or going...let alone where I'm going. But I seem to be getting there very quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment