Friday, January 30, 2009

Quote of the Week

"Love is not the dying moan of a distant violin -- it's the triumphant twang of a bedspring."
- S.J. Perelman

This is the first of a series of quotes on the same subject -- appearing the last Friday of the month -- that will run nearly all year. I got them all from The Big Book of Sex "Quotes", edited by Julian L'Estrange and published by Cassell in the UK in 2004. I'll chuck in the obligatory Amazon thingy below, but I bought it cheaply from Edward R. Hamilton, and -- if you're interested in it -- I suggest you check his stock first.

I read The Big Book of Sex "Quotes" just as a book like this was meant to be read -- in fits and starts, as I had a spare moment, generally lying in bed before going to sleep. I'm not going to "review" it, because it's a book of quotes about sex, and that would be just silly. It's just fine as what it intends to be, and would be a more than adequate diversion in the smallest room or elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment