Thursday, November 01, 2007

World Fantasy at the Starting Gate

I neglected to make a "I'm heading off to WFC" post, so this is my "I've made it to WFC" post.

I drove up to Saratoga Springs this afternoon, with the estimable Jim Minz for company, and got here just a little while ago. I don't know how much blogging I'm going to be able to do while I'm here (I do have one post I want to poke at a bit more, and then post), which is why I shoved through a couple of things last night, so there would be something new here. (And I do need to get together a manga review post for ComicMix for tomorrow.)

First impressions of the Saratoga WFC:
  • Hotel registration (and elevators) is up a short flight of steps from the entrance (not to mention around the corner and down the hall), which is probably not in the best principles of design
  • The hotel/convention center otherwise looks quite nice so far
  • The tote bag this year is huge
  • And mine came with Jeff VanderMeer's Why Should I Cut Your Throat?, which may just become the next thing I read (unless it's one of the four books I brought myself)
  • With the tote bags, the con was also giving away boxes of Freihoffer's chocolate chip cookies and bottles of water. They certainly do know their audience!
  • My one panel is tonight at 9, so I'd better stop blogging and prepare a bit -- then, I'll have to run around and take a look at the facilities and see who's here.
So that's it for now; if you're here, say hello. If you're not here, I hope you're enjoying wherever you are.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If it's an older hotel, they can probably let people who don't walk well in through the loading dock. Boy do I hate historic exceptions.

Post a Comment