Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Sales Conference

I have no time to write a real blog post today, since I spent most of the day and evening at a hotel in Jersey City at my first real Sales Conference. (There were a couple of pseudo-SCs at the clubs, instigated by an Editorial Director straight from the trade who possibly hadn't entirely figured out what their purpose would be for our organization, but I don't really count those.)

And, since I know I have readers in the business, I wanted to throw out a query.

Wiley semi-officially calls it a "Sales Meeting" instead of a "Sales Conference," which is a name I hadn't heard before. Has anyone else heard the term "Sales Meeting" before? Is it common? Is it antiquated? Is it scandalous?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sales Conference.

Always.

Michael Walsh
Johns Hopkins University Press

Post a Comment