Saturday, September 08, 2007

Incoming Books, Week of 9/8

The boys and I went to the library today, where, for the first time ever, I got more books for myself than they did for themselves. (Thing 2 spent the whole time on one of the games computers, and Thing 1 hasn't discovered a new manga series to love there recently...though he does keep trying to sneak volumes of InuYasha into the pile.)

Anyway, I got a book of humorous essays (Ant Farm by Simon Rich, the guy who did that great "how kids think the world works" piece in the New Yorker a few months back) and six comics things (since I'm trying not to spend my own money on them right now).

In the other category, of books that I get to keep, there were two books I found at my comics store cheap -- The Middleman, Vol. 2 and Sam Henderson's Magic Whistle #9.

And, in the best category of all -- books that people gave me and which I really want to read -- there's Naomi Novik's Empire of Ivory.

Now I'd better go read something.

No comments:

Post a Comment