Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The Current Upheaval

Some of you may have heard that one of the co-owners of my employer has sold out to the other co-owner; it became public today. We are apparently going to be merged with BMG Columbia House, and we'll find out later today what that means. (I may or may not be able to talk about it.)

If you remember just about a year ago, when Time Warner sold off its book-publishing group to Hachette, I posted to explain that wasn't me that time. Well, this time it is.

Update, later: Well, we had a meeting to meet the new CEO, who looks like a media guy rather than "a suit," and who went out of his way to talk about how much he reads. We won't have a corporate name for a few weeks, since this all happened so quickly, but I think this is going to be no worse than our other recent mergers and upheavals.

No comments:

Post a Comment