Thursday, March 08, 2007

A Book Meme

Got this one from Tim Pratt:

One book that changed your life
Let's say Jack Chalker's Vengeance of the Dancing Gods, since it (and Chalker's work in general) helped me get my job at the SFBC.
One book you have read more than once
I've read P.G. Wodehouse's Joy in the Morning at least twice, and would be happy to read it every year or so going forward.
One book you would want on a desert island
I have two different single-volume Shakespeare books, which I know I'll never get to in the course of everyday life. One of those would be perfect for a desert island.
One book that made you laugh
The Tough Guide to Fantasyland by Diana Wynne Jones
One book that made you cry
I'm pretty sure I misted up a bit during Connie Willis's Doomsday Book.
One book you wish had been written
Poodle Springs by Raymond Chandler
One book you wish had never had been written
Has to be Ishmael, which I still can't stand more than ten years later.
One book you are currently reading
Larry Gonick's A Cartoon History of the Modern World, Vol. 1
One book you have been meaning to read
Neal Gabler's Walt Disney, because I can see it from across the room and it looks so imposing and large.

No comments:

Post a Comment