Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Another iTunes Meme

I love randomness (at least in small, controlled doses, for purely research or scientific purposes), so I had to do another version of the "set your playlist to random and answer these questions" meme. I saw this one over at the home of the mighty Sea Wasp.

  • Will I get far in life?
  • "Cheatin'" by the Gin Blossoms -- Does that mean this is the only way I might get far in life?
  • How do my friends see me?
    "I Believe" by R.E.M. -- Aw, how sweet. They believe in me. Exactly what they believe is another question.
  • When will I get married?
    "The Only Flame in Town" by Elvis Costello -- Since I'm already married, I'm guessing this means I won't get married again, which is what I expect.
  • What's my theme song?
    "Them, Big Oak Trees" by The Wonder Stuff -- That is utterly random, and, thus, I love it.
  • What is the story of my life?
    "No Kruggerands for David" by Camper Van Beethoven -- I was really hoping this would come out as "Story of My Life" by Social Distortion (because it's a good song, and because of the amazing self-referentiality). But this is fine, too.
  • What am I like in bed?
    "Been Around the World" by Cracker -- No comment.
  • How can I get ahead in life?
    "She's the One" by Bruce Springsteen -- but who is she?
  • What is my best feature?
    "Solsbury Hill" by Peter Gabriel -- My best feature is that I quit Genesis because God told me to?
  • How is today going to be?
    "Listen To My Heart" by Ramones -- So I'll do just what I want to do, then.
  • What is in store for this weekend?
    "Uncle Son" by The Kinks -- either hillbillies or a lot of family time, I guess.
  • What is my life like at the moment?
    "I'm Sick (Of This American Life)" by They Might Be Giants -- not particularly, as far as I can tell.
  • What song describes my secrets?
    "Baba O'Reilly" by Dread Zeppelin -- Yes, now I can come clean: out here in the field, I do fight for my meals, and get my back into my living. God, how good it feels to finally be honest!
  • What is my current lover like?
    "Cadillac Life" by LP -- I've never sure if you're supposed to just take the name of the song as your answer, or if the song itself has something to do with it. This is a quiet depressing song about wanting something better than you have, but the name makes it sound like a positive answer to the question.
  • What song will they play at my funeral?
    "Point of View" by Ivy -- Yes, a random song from the other band of that guy in Fountains of Wayne. Suits me; I'll be dead anyway.
  • How does the world see me?
    "Radio, Radio" by Elvis Costello -- As a guy who complains about everything? Or as an actual radio?
  • Will I have a happy life?
    "Is There Life After Breakfast?" by Ray Davies -- I think this one counts as a bunt.
  • What do my friends really think of me?
    "I Don't Want to Know" by Matthew Sweet -- and I'll leave it at that.
  • Do people secretly lust after me?
    "Money for Nothing" by Dire Straits -- You mean I could get paid for it? Oh magic 8-ball, I think your warantee has expired.
  • Will I accomplish my goals in life?
    "Par for the Course" by Aimee Mann -- I think that means yes.
  • Will I find true love?
    "Happy Hunting Ground" by The Church -- I guess this means yes as well.
  • How do I treat others?
    "The Tyger" by Birdsongs of the Mesozoic -- no idea what this means.
Remember: on LiveJournal, everyone is fourteen years old unless proven otherwise. And all quizzes are based on that fact. Spending actual useful time on a quiz like this is rather silly for someone of my advanced age, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment