Thursday, July 06, 2006

Woo! I'm #37!

John Scalzi, in a fit of nervous energy, felt like doing something pointless, nitpicking and obsessive with numbers. (In other words, he's a guy and had a normal day -- we all get like that now and then. And bless him for it.)

So he grazed through Technorati and culled the Top 50 SF/F Personal Blogs. It leads off with the obvious heavy hitters -- Neil Gaiman, the Nielsen Haydens and Scalzi himself -- but then gets down into the ranks of more plebeian folks. Like, well, yours truly, at #37.

Given that I've been doing this for less than a year, that I'm an editor in an oddball, obscure corner of the genre, and that I don't give writing or marketing advice, that's damn good. And given that the whole point of Antick Musings was to be a set of training wheels, to get a sense of this whole blog thing before the SFBC blog went live, it's amazing.

I do check my Technorati rankings every so often, and I was amazed a few weeks ago when I was below 100,000 (I was around 75,000 or so, but I think that was before Mount Gaiman). Earlier this week, I happened to look again, and saw I was even lower. I don't know why, exactly, but I've hit the point where people I don't know (or even know of) are linking to me, and this is beginning to feel like "public," finally.

So, thanks for reading, folks, whoever you are. And, someday soon, at this rate, I'll be able to launch my secret plan to take over the world!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment