Friday, May 26, 2006

The Wayback Ma-Meme

I haven't done a silly quiz for at least a week, so, when I saw this one at Keith R.A. DeCandido's place, I had to try it for myself:

THEN: May 1996
NOW: May 2006

1) How old were you?
THEN: 26
NOW: 36

2) Where did you work?
THEN: Doubleday Direct, Inc.
NOW: Doubleday Entertainment, LLC
Which is the same company, more or less.

3) Where did you live?
THEN: a house in Pompton Lakes, NJ
NOW: the same house in Pompton Lakes, only now with a finished second floor and a big added-on dining room

4) How was your hair style?
THEN: too long too much of the time, and probably approaching mullet-dom on occasion; full beard
NOW: short and spiky; goatee and mustache

5) Did you wear contacts?
THEN: No.
NOW: No.

6) Did you wear glasses?
THEN: Yes.
NOW: Yes.

7) Who was your best friend?
THEN: The Wife
NOW: The Wife, Thing 1, Thing 2

8) Who were your pets?
THEN: None.
NOW: Harriman and Carriman the hamsters; Nicky and Bicky the fish

9) Who was your partner/romantic interest?
THEN: The Wife
NOW: The Wife

11) Who was your celebrity crush?
THEN: Let's see -- I used to say that Helen Hunt was my second wife, Helena Bonham-Carter my third, and Tanya Donelly my fourth.
NOW: Jenny Lewis, I guess

12) Who was your regular-person crush?
THEN: that would be telling; it was a co-worker whom I think still works in some capacity in publishing
NOW: I'm interviewing for the position right now

13) How many piercings did you have?
THEN: None
NOW: Zero to the infinite power.

14) How many tattoos did you have?
THEN: Just the one forced on me by the Zulu during the Boer Wars.
NOW: No more and no less.

15) What was your favorite band/singer?
THEN: Elvis Costello
NOW: They Might Be Giants

16) Had you smoked a cigarette?
THEN: Nope. Cigars, yes. Pipes, yes. But not the little buggers.
NOW: No.

17) Had you gotten drunk?
THEN: Oh God yes. Probably not recently, though.
NOW: Even less recently.

18) Looking back at your decade-ago self, are you where you thought you would be in 2006?
I was sure I would have gotten out of the SFBC by now, but I did think I'd have a better title and still be acquiring and selling SF/F books -- so I was half-right.

No comments:

Post a Comment