Monday, May 15, 2006

More Fabulous Prizes!

And here are the things I have in the office that anyone who wins the much-more-elusive-than-I'd-imagined Burned Book Contest can choose from:
  • Off the Main Sequence: The Other Science Fiction Stories of Robert A. Heinlein, edited by me
  • Best Short Novels: 2005 edited by Jonathan Strahan
  • Down These Dark Spaceways edited by Mike Resnick
  • The Fair Folk edited by Marvin Kaye
  • Quantico by Greg Bear, in its spiffy new SFBC edition
  • Between Worlds edited by Robert Silverberg
  • Black Seas of Infinity: The Best of H. P. Lovecraft edited by some hack named Wheeler
  • and Modern Greats of Science Fiction: Nine Novellas of Distinction, the retitled ibooks edition of Best Short Novels: 2004 edited by Jonathan Strahan
The contest will not end at five o'clock today -- I'm not sure why I gave a deadline anyway, since I want someone to win -- but will continue until everyone gives up or someone guesses correctly.

The winner will get his or her choice of any five of the books mentioned in this post and in Your Fabulous Selection of Prizes!, along with a SFBC baseball cap (if you want one) and maybe a SFBC shoulder bag, if I can find where they got to.

This contest is void where prohibited by law or custom, and is absolutely free to enter. All entries become the property of Blogger, I bet, since I know I didn't read the Terms of Service all that closely, and I'm sure they got something past me. They might even get my firstborn son, for all I know. Anyway, this is an exhibition, not a competition: please, no wagering. The Judge (and that would be me) will not have to make any decision, since the winner will get a question of fact (to whit: what singed book is currently sitting inside an envelope on my shelf right now) correct.

Hey! Come to think of it, the winner can also get the actual Burned Book itself, if she or he is so strange as to want it.

No comments:

Post a Comment