Monday, April 24, 2006

Today's WFA Reading: 4/24

What I've been dreading waiting for has finally arrived: the big box from Ace/Roc (last of the major US publishers to send us stuff, I think), with sixteen books in it. And, no, I won't tell you what's in it; I've gotten that circumspect, at least.

In other package news, I now have my fourth copy of Vellum, so I guess I'd better read the damn thing before a pile of them fall over and kill me. I now have one copy of the US paperback at my office, one copy of the US galley at home on the "might read for SFBC" shelf, one copy of the UK hardcover on the "gotta read this for WFC" shelf, and now another emergency auxiliary US paperback for home, just in case. I plan to read it in the UK edition, since that's the one eligible for the WFA, and I'd like to experience it in its full no-quotation-marks splendor. The current plan is to read it over Nebula weekend, so, if you happen to see me then, feel free to ask how Vellum is going...

No comments:

Post a Comment