Monday, February 06, 2006

My Unread "Bookshelf," Part One

I haven't quite figured out how to post more than one picture at a time, so this will have to go up in three tries. However, that will make each piece smaller, which might help.

This is something else I was thinking about doing for a while, partly to see if it turns into a meme (along the lines of Tobias Buckell's "Authors Workspaces") and partly as practice, since I think I'll be trying to do some photo-blogging from conventions once I actually start the official SFBC blog.

Anyway, this is the first of three photos of my unread books, to memorialize how large the pile was at the point just as I switched over from reading things from the pile to reading the massive flow of WFA materials. This pile will only grow larger over the next six to nine months.

This photo shows my main unread bookcase. Four interior shelves, all double-shelved, with big piles on top. If you squint, you can probably tell that the bottom half is SF/Fantasy, the top half is mainstream fiction and non-fiction, and on top are mysteries (and, behind them, mass-market paperbacks). The pile to the left on top (which continues on the small table off to the side) is the most recent books that came in, which haven't been integrated into the stacks yet. Those are the ones I had hopes of reading quickly.

And off to the right, you can see the growing piles of WFA books, which are what I'll be reading mostly for the foreseeable future. No whining from me; so far it's really good stuff, and I'm excited about having an excuse to dive into so much fantasy for so long.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You actually get to store unread books on bookshelves? I'm jealous. Mine are stored away in boxes, out of sight but not out of mind. It's a juicy looking collection!

Post a Comment