Friday, December 02, 2005

Incoming Comics: 2 December

The actual old-fashioned comic-pamphlet-type things are very few these days, and mostly for Thing 1 (though I always read Teen Titans Go! first), but they were:
  • Teen Titans Go! #25
  • Sonic X #3
  • Sonic the Hedgehog #156
  • Keif Llama: Xenotech #2
What I mostly get these days is actual book-shaped objects with lots of pictures, viz:
  • Grimjack: Killer Instinct by Ostrander and Truman
  • The Legend off Grimjack, Vol.4, also by Ostrander and Truman
  • I Can't Believe It's Not the Justice League by Giffen and his un-indicted co-conspirators
    Yes, I know that at least half of these characters are dead in the "real" DC universe, and the others are probably heroin addicts, or newly grim 'n gritty, or something else silly. I don't care. I don't read any mainstream superhero books anyway, so I don't care what happens in them. I'll pick up an occasional odd thing, but it does need to actually be odd.
  • Kane, Vol.5: The Untouchable Rico Costas and Other Short Stories by Paul Grist
  • Go, Dork, Go! by John Kovalic
  • Samurai Executioner, Vol.6: Shinko the Kappa by Koike and Kojima
  • and Teen Titans: Jam Packed Action Vol.1, which will be a surprise for Thing 1 one of these days (so it's a good thing that he doesn't even know what a blog is yet, let alone that his Daddy does one).
I notice that when I only got to the comics store once a month, I spend way too much. On the other hand, if I went twice a month, I'd probably spend something north of (way too much)/2 each time, so the solution is non-obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment